Lakshmi Pain and Palliative Care Trust
Providing Medical Care with Compassion and Knowledge
Lakshmi Pain and Palliative Care Trust is a charitable organisation started by a team of doctors in the year 2000. It is dedicated to improving quality of life of patients and their families suffering from distressing symptoms such as severe pain , vomiting and breathlessness caused by diseases like cancer.
Objectives of the Trust
- To improve the quality of life in patients with prolonged and life-limiting illnesses with the main focus on patients with cancer.
- Provide relief from pain and other distressing symptoms.
- Give emotional and psychosocial support and help with rehabilitation.
- To promote awareness about palliative care among the public.
- To provide education and training for health care professionals and volunteers
With the aim of not adding to the financial burden of those who cannot afford, medicines for symptom relief, inpatient care, and palliative surgical procedures are provided free in cancer patients.
To develop Palliative Medicine across the length and breadth of the State of Tamilnadu and to make the care available for patients in each and every neighbourhood.